Thursday 24 November 2016

First Service

Since I have no idea about when the vehicle had its last service, I decided to give it a full service. Looking online for LDV service station I came across the Horforth Towbar Vehicle Service (HTVS). I had already been there for fitting towbars to my previous vehicles, so I knew they were reliable. Also they had good reviews online. So I left the LDV there for a day and paid for the service (£198).

Turns out that most things are OK. But a few things need to be fixed soon: front brakes are worn and need to be replaced (both the disks and the pads; disk has a crack, which was noted in the MOT advisory). One ball bearing needs to be replaced. And the brake fluid must be changed.

Not much then actually. Also the front window seal is the culprit which lets water through, so I need to fix that.

And next year the kingpins need to be replaced. I read already a lot about this - it is a weak spot of any LDV, as these kingpins wear out, and are difficult to replace. But I can do this then next year, before the next MOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment