Monday 14 November 2016

Taxation Hell - Part 2

After I had sent all my documentation to DVLA on 19 October, I did receive a letter from them on 1 November, telling me that I need to provide the following:
1) a statement about the use of the vehicle. Needs to state that I use it solely for private purposes, without any business use.
2) Photos of the van, to document evidence that this is indeed a minibus and not a panel van as stated in the logbook.

So I quickly took 4 pictures (registration plate visible) and sent this to the DVLA, together with the statement, on 2 November.

After more than a week the taxation status of this van still was showing up as "untaxed", so I decided to ring the DVLA on Friday, 11 November. Spoke to a nice and friendly bloke there, who told me that I just need to wait - he could not confirm if my letter has been received. He told me he would call me back once he had info about the status.

I did ring again on Monday, 14 November - still nothing there about my documentation that I had sent. Which meant that I still was not able to take the vehicle out on the public streets. But then I received a phone call in the afternoon from him, and he told me that he did indeed now receive the application, and a colleague of him has processed this. So the van is taxed now - Halleluja!

A positive outcome, and I have now four pics of the van:





No comments:

Post a Comment