Thursday 27 October 2016

Project Updates

The seats: sold. Last week, James from Rotherham became the highest bidder for these 8 seats which I wanted to get rid of. Today he came and picked them up.

The tax: still unresolved. I had sent everything in to the DVLA last week, but the vehicle still appears as being un-taxed. I was told that it may take 10 business days. So I will wait until mod next week then, before I can take the vehicle on the road.

The water ingress: Last week I put some duck tape on parts of the front windscreen seal where I suspected that water would come in. There was still water on the front side under that rubber mat, near the driver's seat. I put a few more patches on the seal, will have to see if the amount of water is increasing or decreasing.

The rust: I removed bits of rust along the wheel arches and at the lower edges of the side panels. Used rust desolver to convert the rust back to metal. Also put a bit of white primer on some of those rusty parts. Most is only surface rust, but on one spot the rust has eaten through the metal and has made a small hole. I probably have to fill this. The repairs are currently mostly cosmetic.

The mileage: I checked on the DVLA website: https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history where one can just enter the registration and make and get a MOT history back to 2005. This provided more information than the vehicle history check for which I paid.... The DVLA site shows a consistent low mileage, beginning with 5867 miles back in March 2006. Annually there were not more than 3000 miles driven in average. So the low mileage appears to be correct. Except that possibly before 2006 there could have been some kind of excessively high mileage.

Further plans: Are for now put on hold. I first will use the vehicle as a transport van. Still have to find a good way of attaching the window tinting film. My previous attempt in the past two weeks were unsuccessful, as the large window area was difficult to manage. The foil crinkled and tore. I have to either find a better foil (maybe 3M ?) or have a company do that professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment