Friday 21 October 2016

Removing the Seats

There are six rows of seats which I wanted to remove, as I do not need them - in their place will be the installations of the motorhome, for example the bed, the hob, the shower / toilet, the sink etc. I am going to keep one row of seats, the one right behind the driver. This would be a total of three individual seats: one double seat behind the driver, and one single passenger seat on the passenger side. My plan is to replace those seats by two swivel seats, so that I can make a sitting area for dining and working right in the front of the vehicle.

The seats to be removed are: four single seats, and two double seats, giving a total of 8 seats. I did place an advert for them on eBay.

Removing the seats was not very difficult. I needed a 17mm wrench / spanner to loosen the six screws with which each of the chairs was attached to the sliding rail on the floor. Problematic were the two seats which are over the rear wheel arches: they have a specially constructed frame, which appears to be screwed into the floor and is fixed with screwing bolts from both sides. Which means, I would have to go outside under the wheel arch and unbolt this from there, as I was not able to loosen the screw head from the inside. So for now I just left these two frames there, will not sell them, unless the buyer can provide some means of loosening them.

Mounting of seat over left rear wheel arch.Dismounted single seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment